ONLINE ENROLLMENT FOR NEW STUDENTS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. My children have never attended a Chapel Hill ISD school at any time. How may I enroll my children in a Chapel Hill ISD school?
Your children are considered “New Students” and will need to enroll under the “Enroll a New Student” section on the previous page. You will be able to choose your own user name and password. Please remember to keep these secure. There are written instructions for each section of the enrollment process. After completing the required information and printing out your checklist of items to bring, you will need to contact your child’s campus registrar to schedule an appointment. When you come to the appointment, bring all required documents and school personnel will guide you through the rest of the process. If you have children on different campuses, you will need to schedule an appointment on each campus. After your appointment with the registrar, you will be able to meet with any of the following staff as needed: counselor, nurse, assistant principal, special programs staff, or other staff members.
2. My children are former Chapel Hill ISD students but did not attend a Chapel Hill school last year. This coming school year they will be returning school to Chapel Hill. What do I need to do to register them?
If your children did not attend a Chapel Hill school last year, they are not “returning students”. Your children are considered “New Students” and will need to follow the steps in question 1.
3. My children were enrolled in Chapel Hill ISD last year, but withdrew before the end of the year. What do I need to do to register them?
If your children withdrew prior to the end of the year, we were required to inactivate them upon their withdrawal. Your children are considered “New Students” and will need to follow the steps in question 1.
4. When will the online system be available for me to use?
Beginning July 31st, the online system will be available throughout the calendar year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for new student enrollment. Any parent/guardian of new students may complete the online forms at any time at their convenience. A notification of your enrollment request will be sent to the registrar as soon as you complete the online registration process.
5. How much time do I need to complete the online forms?
It will take approximately 25 minutes to enter the parent/guardian information and then 20 minutes per child for new students. You will be able to save your work at any time and return later at your convenience to finish the application.
6. I do not have a computer and/or internet access at home. Can I still enroll my child?
Yes, you may use any computer with internet access at any location. The best thing to do is to come to the campus and complete your information on a school computer. We will have staff that can assist you. Alternatively, you may use any available computer with internet access to complete an application (such as a friend or family member). See question 7 below for information on open computer labs.
7. When and where can I go for help with on-line enrollment?
Each campus will have computers set up for you to use during normal operating hours. Some campuses may have early evening hours available. Please contact the campus directly if you would like to use a campus computer.
8. Will my information be secure?
Yes. The information is uploaded through a secure, encrypted website. However, you must click the log out button at the end of your session. You must also remember to keep your user name and password secure.
9. Once I complete the enrollment forms online, am I finished with the enrollment process?
No. Once you have updated the information, you are required to select a school registrar for each campus on which you will be enrolling students and schedule an appointment with the registrar. You must bring all of the required documents to this meeting. A checklist of these required documents may be printed out during the online process. It is especially important that you present proof of residency and current immunization records at your initial appointment. School personnel will need to scan or copy some documents.
10. What if I do not want to submit anything online? Will there be on-site paper enrollment in August?No. The enrollment forms must be entered online and verified by campus personnel before the student may be officially enrolled. You may complete the online forms at any location with a computer with internet access. If you need assistance, we will have computers and staff available on each campus.